Ginger is loaded with nutrients that feed both the mind and body. This superfood is high in Vitamins A, C, E, and B-complex, as well as phosphorus, beta-carotene, zinc, iron and calcium. Ginger has shown to reduce inflammation and pain, which makes it a viable option for managing headaches, menstrual cramps, and arthritis. This ingredient can be eaten in its natural state or as a powder or oil.
Ginger has also been helpful in:
- Decreasing the symptoms of morning sickness, motion sickness, and upset stomach
- Lowering long-term blood sugar levels in individuals with type 2 diabetes
- Reducing the risk of heart disease
- Soothing sore muscles after a hard workout
- Reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
- Helping improve brain function in the elderly
In addition, ginger is high in potassium and is a good source of manganese, which builds resistance to diseases by strengthening the lining of the heart, blood vessels and urinary passages. It is also rich in silicon, which helps promote healthy teeth, hair, skin, and nails.
Featured Meal: Ginger Steak and Rice Noodles Grain Bowl
CoreLife Eatery’s Ginger Steak and Rice Noodles Grain Bowl, flavored with freshly-grated ginger, is packed with ingredients such as rice noodles, grilled steak, shredded kale, carrots, cucumbers, scallions and miso sesame ginger dressing.