This green, leafy herb adds a punch of citrusy freshness to any meal! Packed with tons of nutrients, cilantro is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, has nearly zero calories and is an incredible source of fiber.
Cilantro is helpful in:
- Freeing the body of heavy metals like arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, lead, and mercury, which can build up in our tissues, leading to heart disease, hormonal imbalances, neurological conditions, and infertility
- Protecting against oxidative stress, which plays a part in the development of cancer, heart disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and macular degeneration
- Relieving anxiety and improving sleep as it is a natural sedative
- Aiding the treatment of diabetes as it supports optimal liver function and lowers blood sugar levels
- Preventing urinary tract infections
This herb is also responsible for preventing inflammation in the brain, reducing the risk of colon cancer, and naturally remedying skin irritations!
Featured Meal: Thai Chicken and Rice Noodles Grain Bowl
Cilantro adds delicious flavor to this ethnic bowl, featuring rice noodles, antibiotic-free chicken, napa cabbage, sliced almonds, broccoli, cucumbers, cilantro, and thai cashew dressing.