Consistent with popular belief, carrots really do improve eyesight. They are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into Vitamin A and then to rhodopsin – a purple pigment that is necessary for night vision. In addition, beta-carotene protects against macular degeneration – an eye disease that causes vision loss.
Other benefits of carrots include:
- Slowing the process of aging cells
- Reducing cholesterol levels
- Aiding in cleansing the body by flushing out toxins
- Helping with psoriasis, eczema, acne, and overall skin health
- Assisting in preventing cancer
Featured Meal: Broccoli Cheddar Soup
CoreLife Eatery’s creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup first starts with a hearty vegetable broth base. Then, this bowl is packed with a cauliflower puree, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, fresh broccoli, carrots, celery and scallions.