Cucumbers are a refreshing, crisp vegetable that can be eaten raw or pickled! The vitamins and minerals found in cucumbers offer numerous health benefits, including regulating pH levels in the blood and neutralizing acidity in the stomach. They can even help normalize body temperature and blood pressure!
This ingredient has also been found helpful in:
- Managing diabetes
- Preventing constipation
- Optimizing bladder, kidney, liver, and pancreatic functions
- Aiding in arthritis treatment
- Strengthening muscle tissue, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and bones
- Improving skin and complexion
- Treating minor skin ailments when used topically
Also, a good source of fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, cucumbers make an excellent addition to any salad, meal, or snack.
Featured Meal: Mediterranean Green Bowl
With origins in the mediterranean region, it is no surprise that cucumbers are a key ingredient of the Mediterranean Green Bowl. Enjoy this blend of shredded kale, chopped romaine, house-made hummus, house-made falafel, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, red onion, and cucumber basil dressing.